Salary: £45,000- £60,0000 + Car + Bonus + Pen
Location: National / Home Based
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Please Note- As E-Commerce & Digital is a new profession/niche with the FMCG & Consumer Channel many of the vacancies are examples of the roles we have recruited over the past 12 months. Thank You. Our client is a Global leader within the Consumer Product market and is building a strong Personal Care Business Unit; their products enhance the lives of the consumers who use them and offer a real USP in relation to their competitors. The UK business unit is well established but is experiencing High Growth; as a result the cultural and business DNA is an exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning but with huge dominance of Entrepreneurial Flair at all levels. They now have an Exciting New Range of products to take to market. This is where you could be make the difference.
As the NAM you will take full P&L accountability alongside the development of medium and long-term strategic growth plans in order to deliver net profit and gross Sales targets. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with digital range management and online merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
Core Customers will be:
• Classical Retail- but also their Digital Platforms (Bricks & Clicks)
Principal Accountabilities will be:
• Managing Existing Business- But also Winning New & Building New Business
• Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
• Negotiate annual Digital & Online Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
• Drive distribution of existing and new products.
• Manage product mix to maximise margin.
• Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions.
• Where required- Deliver price increases.
• Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
• Ensure that activity supports Central/European brand direction where applicable
• Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
• Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
• Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
Due to the growth & new business challenges within this role you will be:
• Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
• Account Planning Process – You will own the budget process for the Account Portfolio Forecasting – driving the internal forecast for each line – using account history, account input and insight.
• Apply Category Management principals to influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
• As a Key Team member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business. Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
• Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Group expectations are to achieve over 100% Growth in certain categories over the next 1-3 Years.
The ideal candidate will have gained:
1. Ideally National Accounts or possibly Key Account Management Experience across one or more of the Key Pharmacy/Personal Care Customers
2. Ability to manage current business whilst winning new product lines
3. Ability to use and understand EPOS & Retailer Insight Data to drive a Commercial Growth Agenda
4. Ability to understand and deliver a Classical Approach to National Accounts (JBP Literacy etc) however have an overriding Entrepreneurial Spirit & Flair that gives you the ability to Run a Business within a Business.
Candidates must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly “numbers/data” focused its processes and internal communications. Of course being a leading UK Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.